This coverage is provided the Environmental Joint Insurance Fund (EJIF) not your local JIF. The following JIFs are members of the EJIF: Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Monmouth, Morris, NJUA, Professional Municipal Management, Ocean, Central, South Bergen , Suburban Essex , Suburban Municipal and Trico.
Types of Claims
- Wrongful acts of public officials which result from an environmental impairment.
- Remediation costs to property under your care, custody and control resulting from negligent acts of a third party.
- DeMinimis abandoned toxic waste site liability.
- Comprehensive legal defense in covered claims.
- Third party liability and corrective action plan coverage for scheduled storage tanks.
- Third party liability losses caused by an environmental impairment from such locations as scheduled recycling centers and foreclosed properties.
In addition, the EJIF contracts with PS&S Engineering and First Envionment to provide environmental risk management services to the members.
Any environmental incident should be immediately reported to the Environmental Engineer at (800) 289-6681 and an environmental engineer will be dispatched 24/7 to assist you. Examples of when to call are as follows:
- Any incident involving releases, leaks, spills, or other problems involving the storage of hazardous materials in an underground or above ground storage tank.
- Any spill or release of hazardous materials or petroleum products to the soil that significantly threatens soil contamination.
- Any discovery or suspicion of a release of hazardous contamination to the groundwater.
- The discovery of known or unknown hazardous material that requires the classification or identification of suspect chemical.