Local Officials Training
2022/2023 Elected & Appointed Officials Risk Management Seminar
This course details ways to control workers’ compensation and liability insurance costs.
This course details ways to control workers’ compensation and liability insurance costs. Municipal
elected officials, authority commissioners and a member’s CEO (i.e., municipal manager / administrator
or executive director) who completes this course by the extended deadline of May 31, 2023, may qualify
for a $250 credit (capped at approx. 5% of MEL assessment) in their local unit 2023 assessment.
1. To log into the MSI’s New Learning Management System for the first time, you will need to
receive an activation email with code by contacting your agencies Training Administrator or
Andrea Felip at the MSI office at 856-552-4740 or Afelip@jamontgomery.com.
2. Once you receive your activation code via email, follow the link and one-time instructions to
activate your account. The activation process will give you a new username and allow you to
create a password.
3. Once logged into the LMS, navigate to the ‘Request Training’ button on the upper right portion
of your Home Screen.
4. Find and select the 2022-2023 Elected Officials Risk Management Seminar in the dropdown
and click submit at the bottom of the screen.
5. The course will now show in the Assigned section in the center of your Home screen.
6. Click the title to launch the course.
7. For additional help if needed, this video will walk you through the steps to enroll in online
learning. How to Register for Online Learning
Tutorial to Use System
MSI LIVE Schedule
Questions? Contact the Mel Safety Institute Helpline
Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5pm: (866) 661-5120