Local Officials Training
2019 MEL, MRHIF & NJCEL Educational Seminar
May 3, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., National Conference Center, East Windsor Holiday Inn
399 Monmouth Street, East Windsor, N.J. 08520 (Turnpike Exit 8)
The MEL (Municipal Excess Liability Fund), MRHIF (Municipal Reinsurance Health Fund) and the NJCEL (Counties Excess Liability Fund) are sponsoring the 9th annual educational seminar for commissioners, municipal personnel, risk managers and vendor personnel. Please download the registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019.
- Legalized Marijuana: Risk Management Issues (John Kutner and Steve Ferris)
- Controlling Health Care Costs (Greg Grimaldi)
- Ethics and Best Practices for Public Meetings (Norris Clark and David Grubb)
- Cyber Liability Risk Control (Ed Cooney)
- Update on Risk Management related Legislation (Paul Bent)
- Ethics and Best Practices in Local Government Employment (Fred Semrau and Joe Hrubash)
The Institute conducts one-hour in-person training seminars each year for local officials and offers members a discount for each official who completes the seminar. This course will also be available on-line through the MEL Safety Institute.
NOTE: The schedule for 2019 will be available soon.